Black Bean Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 large navel oranges, cut into segments
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup canned corn kernels, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- To make the Orange Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook quinoa according to package instructions; set aside.
- To make the vinaigrette
- Whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, orange juice, orange zest and sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, oranges, bell pepper, jalapeno, black beans, corn, onion and cilantro
- Pour the vinaigrette on top of the salad and gently toss to combine.