Spinach and Egg Breakfast
- 1/2 package baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion
- 2 eggs (no yolk)
- Dash salt (or to taste)
- Dash pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Chop the baby spinach leaves.
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet and cook the onion and garlic until crisp-tender.
- Add the chopped spinach to the skillet and cook, stirring often (Be sure to cook this until the water that leaches out of the spinach has evaporated.)
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, salt, pepper, and thyme until foamy.
- Add the egg mixture to the skillet and cook and stir so the eggs scramble with the spinach.