Pesto Chicken Pizza
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2-3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 each small green, sweet red and yellow peppers, julienned
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Beat in 1 cup flour, 1 tablespoon oil, sugar and 1 teaspoon salt. Add the remaining flour; beat until combined.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic.
- Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken, onion, peppers and mushrooms in remaining oil until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Punch dough down; roll into a 15-in. circle. Transfer to a 14-in. pizza pan
- Build up edges slightly.
- Spread with pesto.
- Top with chicken mixture and cheese.
- Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until crust and cheese are lightly browned.