Quinoa Chicken Parmesan
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise in half
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Lightly oil a baking sheet
- In a large saucepan of 1 1/2 cups water, cook quinoa according to package instructions and stir in Italian seasoning.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Dredge chicken in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in quinoa mixture, pressing to coat.
- Place chicken onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Top with cheeses and marinara.
- Place into oven and bake until cheese melts