Onion and Tomato Salad
- 2 bunches salad onions
- Pack mixed small tomatoes
- 50g bag watercress
- For the dressing
- 1 salad onion, steeped in vinegar
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp wholegrain or Dijon mustard
- good pinch of golden caster sugar
- Heat a non-stick frying pan until very hot.
- Cut the salad onions in half lengthways and cook until charred and tender
- Transfer to a plate while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Cook the tomatoes, cut-side down, for 30 secs-1 min until just softened, then set aside with the onions.
- To make the dressing:
- Put all the ingredients into a jar with some seasoning and shake well
- When ready to serve
- Place the watercress, onions and tomatoes onto a platter.
- Shake dressing well, then drizzle it all over the salad.